For those who own a crawl space at home, you may know about excessive moisture, and high humidity is a perfect breeding ground for molds and mildews.
Then you might need a unique dehumidifier to solve your issue.
These specialized dehumidifiers are wholly designed to safeguard houses from molds, bugs, and termites. They are equipped with air filtration systems that could kill germs and other dangerous microorganisms.
Top 5 Dehumidifier For Crawl Space
- Top 5 Dehumidifier For Crawl Space
- 1.Thermistor 4033600 Santa Fe – Compact 2 Crawl Space Dehumidifier
- 2.Friedrich D70BPA Pint Dehumidifier with Built-In Drain Pump
- 3.Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- What is a crawl space dehumidifier?
- How To Dehumidify A Crawl Space
- Important Things Need Consider When Buy a Crawl Space Dehumidifier?
- [113 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER] AlorAir Sentinel HD55 commercial dehumidifier can removal 113 PPD at saturation, 53 pints per day at AHAM, up to 1,200 sq. Ft, lowering the humidity to comfortable levels in a short period of time. On the other hand, this ETL listed dehumidifier is made of a metal outer casing that withstands more rugged conditions, ensuring long-term use and easy maintenance. Fit any crawl spaces, basements, warehouses, offices, factories, shops, storage areas.
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up your energy bill, saving you money. This will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 55 pints per day at AHAM condition，120 Pint at saturation, up to 1,300 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, any large room, or commercial use.
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up your energy bill, saving you money. This will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 90 pints per day at AHAM condition, 198 Pint at saturation, up to 2,600 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, any large room, or commercial use.
- 232 Pint Commercial Grade Dehumidifier: This commercial dehumidifier with high airflow of 353 CFM to maximize the drying performance, removing up to 232 pints of water from the air per day at saturation, for rapidly eliminating moisture in large spaces up to 8,000 sq ft, like basements, warehouses, garages, shops, and many other commercial and industrial institutions.
- POWERFUL DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SMALLER ROOMS: This powerful beast effectively removes up to 30 Pints per day (20 Pint 2019 DOE Standard) of moisture from the air to protect walls, curtains, furniture and appliances and can even help extend the life of food by keeping the air dry (moisture removal depends on moisture condition and the size of your room). Ideal for small basements, living rooms, cellars & storage rooms, Energy Star qualified means this compact, but powerful unit removes moisture with less energy than conventional
Last update on 2021-07-19 at 17:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
At 12″ tall and 12″ wide, the Santa Fe Compact can fit where no other dehumidifier can. It additionally Keeping dry and best for the cellar.
It features like integrated perpendicular or horizontal exhaust outlets offer flexibility in extremely tight spaces, while the optional condensate pump, hang kit, and duct kits ease setup in the most demanding programs.
No standard dehumidifier can perform effectively and as efficiently in crawlspaces as the Santa Fe Compact.
It’s an exceptional degree of air filtration that additionally keeps the Santa Fe Compact working at peak efficiency for longer than other apparatus with more economical layouts.
All in all, it works excellent in small crawl spaces. I highly recommend it.
It has an air filter that’s washable and removable, and it’s going to help stop some airborne contaminants like allergens, dust, mold spores and mildew.
When it comes to showing temperature, you can select to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius. You can fine-tune the humidity level thanks to the built-in humidistat that allows you to raise or reduce the amount between 90% and 30% in increments of 5%.
The D70BP dehumidifiers are worth considering if you seem to eliminate mildew or high humidity and mold in your cellar or inside your house.
The auto electronic controls, defrost feature, a timer, a precise humidistat as well as a three-way drainage system are there, so both of all these are packed with useful features.
Overall, it’s well suited for basements, storage areas, and equipment rooms, or anywhere moisture is a concern since they offer dependable, convenient operation. Highly Recommend!
The Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew due to excessive moisture. Besides, it helps remove bacteria in the air that may make breathing hard.
First of all, it removes moisture instantly and, just as significantly, it does so economically. It is also astonishingly versatile, exceptionally durable, notably flexible, and quite silent.
It is capable of continuous operation when the unit is situated near the right drain — prepared Select electronic controls to contain an electronic humidity readout, 24 hours on/off control, and timer lock. Effortless Humidity Control lets you control the precise percentage of humidity in your room.
The Space Wise compact layout includes a top handle, integrated side handles, and caster wheels, making it simple to transfer your unit from room to room. Plus, you will save cash with its Energy Star efficacy.
The FFAD7033R1 comes together with the complete one year guarantee; in addition, it includes a 2 to 5-year warranty on the sealed system of the dehumidifier. Such an assurance is standard for the 70-pint size group.
The Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 is instead merely the finest 70-pint dehumidifier we have analyzed and reviewed thus far, for various reasons. You need to get this one if you are buying a dehumidifier using a better guarantee!
What is a crawl space dehumidifier?
A crawl space dehumidifier is one of the best ways that you, as a homeowner, have to combat the numerous kind of mildew and mold that would seek to flourish in your house.
Excessive wetness additionally brings insects, like ants and termites. They certainly will be detrimental to your house and furniture, and live and develop in humid surroundings.
Your home is full of tiny spores that are invisible to the naked eye, and these floating mold spores can seriously affect your health if they are not gotten rid of.
These floating spores are one of the main reasons that so many people around the world break out in an allergic reaction, and letting these spores grow unchecked can be severely hazardous to your health.
These mold spores can also be the cause of wood rot taking hold of your wooden flooring and eating it away.
Not only do these mold and mildew spores flourish, but rats, dust mites, centipedes, mice, cockroaches, snakes, spiders, termites, and other vermin love to live in the cold area that is your crawl space.
The humidity is the main cause of these mold and mildew spores that attack your health and your house.
A crawl space dehumidifier is designed to be installed in the crawl space of your house to combat the moisture that would build up.
Installing a crawl space dehumidifier in your house can help you to cut down the problem of mold, mildew, and vermin living in the crawl space under your home.
It is essential to know how to find the right crawl space dehumidifier to ensure that it will be as effective as possible to solve your moisture problem.
Do I Need A Dehumidifier In My Crawl Space
Crawl Space Dehumidifier Cost
What Size Dehumidifier For Crawl Space Do You Need?
How To Dehumidify A Crawl Space
Important Things Need Consider When Buy a Crawl Space Dehumidifier?
Here is a guide that will help you select your best dehumidifier for crawl space.
1. The first thing you need to consider is the change in air and humidity levels every hour.
The humidity level of your air space is not consistent throughout the day, and the air is continually changing as the day gets first hotter and then cools off.
If your crawl space is extremely wet, you will see water pooling on the floor of your crawl space. This means that you should obtain a crawl space dehumidifier that handles six air changes every hour.
If you have a moderately wet crawl space, you will be able to see water leaking. You may also be able to see mildew or mold growing visibly in your crawl space, and your crawl space dehumidifier will have to handle five changes of air every hour.
If your crawl space always feels moist or damp, regardless of the weather conditions, then you can consider it a very wet crawl space that needs four changes of air every hour.
A moderately damp crawl space only feels damp and smells a bit musty in humid weather, and your crawl space dehumidifier will need to handle three changes of air every hour.
2. You also need to find a crawl space dehumidifier that can handle the volume of air in your crawl space.
You should measure the cubic feet of your crawl space to let you know what the total volume of air your crawl space dehumidifier will have to handle. Simply multiply the width of your crawl space times its length times its height, and the answer will be the cubic feet of your crawl space.
The crawl space dehumidifier will need to move a certain number of cubic feet of air in your crawl space every minute to effectively dehumidify your crawl space.
To ensure that the moisture is effectively removed, your crawl space dehumidifier needs to handle a certain number of cubic feet of air per minute.
If you get a crawl space dehumidifier that cannot handle enough air per minute, it will continuously be running and will break much faster.
To determine the proper cubic feet of air to be moved per minute by your crawl space dehumidifier, you need to multiply the cubic feet of your crawl space by the number changes in the air. Then divide that number by sixty to determine how many cubic feet of air will need to be handled every minute.
For example, Your crawl space is 2000 cubic feet and requires your crawl space dehumidifier must handle three air changes = 6,000, 6,000 divided by 60 = 100 cubic feet of air per minute.
Ensuring that your crawl space dehumidifier can move enough air will help to keep your crawl space from being overly moist and the mildew and mold from growing.
3. You should also look for a crawl space dehumidifier than can remove enough moisture from the air, and that amount if measured in pints per day.
A small crawl space may need as little as 10 pints per day removed in a relatively dry climate, but a large crawl space that is very wet can require as much as 50 or more pints per day removed.
The number of pints per day to be removed depends upon the location of your house, the climate in which you live, and your daily habits.
Once you have figured out all of the above details, you want to look for a crawl space dehumidifier that drains instead of only running into a drain pan.
This will make the task of disposing of the water easier, as the crawl space dehumidifier will simply be connected to your plumbing system.
4. Also, make sure that your crawl space dehumidifier is energy conserving, and that it can operate at any temperature.
Because crawl space dehumidifiers are anticipated to work for extended hours, significant energy savings will help you save money in the future, although they may be more expensive to purchase.
Do the right thing for your house and purchase a crawl space dehumidifier to help keep both you, your home, and especially your family healthy!